RHEI Pharmaceuticals is a US-Belgian specialty pharmaceutical company focused on bringing essential medicines from the USA, Europe and Japan into the fast-growing Chinese marketplace. Since 2007 Horsten was assisting Rhei Pharmaceuticals to achieve its objectives in China. Until his unexpected death in June 2008, Joos Horsten was the CEO and executive Chairman of RHEI Pharmaceuticals.
At the end of 2009 and with the help of Horsten International, Rhei Pharmaceuticals had signed product deals with preferred partners in China. Since 2010 Rhei Pharma has matured and has taken over more of the China activities and Horsten’s role was reduced.
Involvement of Horsten International
Horsten International was involved in this project from 2007 to 2012. Horsten’s role consisted of the following activities:
- General strategic advice
- Legal registration of Hong Kong based company and Representative Office in Beijing
- Management of Beijing office
- Registration of in-licensed products in China
- Assistance in business development
- Assistance in negotiations with distribution and marketing partners in China