Webinar - Financial solutions for European companies in doing business with China - 10 June 2021
On Thursday 10 June 2021 Bart Horsten was a keynote speaker at a webinar, organized by the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC) and VOKA Mechelen-Kempen Chamber of Commerce, focusing on financial solutions for European companies in doing business with China.
In today's complex globalized market, the Chinese Yuan is gaining importance as a global trade currency. While this offers opportunities for European players, it can also present some challenges. Different experts talked about solutions for European companies to help them tackle these challenges.
The target group of the webinar were European companies that want to start doing business in China or companies that are looking for payment and currency exchange solutions for their existing trade with China.
The agenda was as follows:
- 10:00-10:10: Opening words by Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman at the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC).
- 10:10-10:50: “Chinese payment systems for E-commerce with China” by Mr. Bart Horsten of Horsten International.
- 10:50-11:20: “Managing currency risks in China” by Mr. Ivo Mertens, Senior FX Advisor at iBanFirst.
- 11:20-11:50: “Financial support for your China business” by Mr. Paul Van Eynde, Senior Investment Partner at Capricorn.
- 11:50-12:00: Q&A session.
- 12:00-12:05: Closing remarks by Mr. Bernard Dewit, Chairman at the Belgian-Chinese Chamber of Commerce (BCECC).
The webinar was attended by 37 participants.